Planning and Forecasting
Decision-Oriented Plans with an Instant Feedback Loop
- Meet the objectives of your business by creating goal-oriented, driver-based plans, reports, and dashboards. Get an immediate sense of the state of your business plans using easy-to-create dashboards and reports that are instantaneously refreshed using in-memory calculations and fast aggregations.
Continuous Planning Solution to Suit Your Business Needs
- Allow businesses to create their own custom financials, sales, and operational models and connect the different business processes to create a continuous integrated planning, forecasting, and reporting solution across the enterprise.
What-If Modeling and Sandbox
- Plan and forecast for complex business what-if scenarios by using ad hoc scenario modeling, sandbox, and predictive features. Create multiple what-if versions and slice and dice data based on various assumptions, creating instant reports.
- Get built-in scenario modeling features such as goal-seek, iterative calculation logic, instant calculation, and undo capabilities out of the box.
Alignment of Strategy with Plans
- Reveal the impact of strategic decisions on the bottom line, balance sheet, cash flow, and shareholder value.
Capital Structure Optimization
- Address the iterative nature of funding and the impact of strategies on credit ratings and capital structure.
Prebuilt Financial Tools
- Add complex what-if modeling to the financial planning process with built-in tools and logic. No need for writing logic from scratch in spreadsheets.
- Plan by employee, by job code, or both using driver-based planning for compensation-related expenses. Workforce planning allows planning at a level of detail that makes sense for your business and even accommodates large, multinational workforces.
Integration with HCM
- Align workforce and strategic priorities with prebuilt integration with Oracle Human Capital Management Cloud and seamless cloud-to-cloud integration with third-party HCM solutions.
- Keep things easy with planning wizards that allow business users to easily maintain even complex employee expense calculations, such as benefits and tax expense calculations.
New Capital Investment
- Provide for new standalone and project-based assets that support depreciation and amortization calculations using different methods, cash flow planning and funding for investment and leased assets, “buy versus lease” comparisons, as well as asset-related expense planning for full profit and loss impact.
- Take advantage of planning for asset-related expenses such as repairs and insurance, including automated processes for retirements, transfers, and improvements.
- Use planning for new and existing intangibles, including amortization and cash flow planning and impairments.
Capital Expense Review
- Get overall capital expense spend analysis, including asset summary reports and actual versus plan variances, as well as the impact on the balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow by asset class and business unit.
Streamlined Project Planning
- Plan for internal projects within the enterprise—such as IT, marketing campaign planning, research and development, and training plans—with driver-based planning for cost pools relating to both short- and long-term projects.
Detailed Project Planning
- Leverage project planning for more complex, project-oriented industries such as construction, engineering, and professional services, with driver-based planning for individual employee and asset-related expenses as well as project revenues.
- Get out-of-the-box analysis and reports to review project performance, project revenue, expenses, and cash flows. Real-time metrics including net present value (NPV), payback, internal rate of return (IRR), and return on investment (ROI) to cover project performance, and earned value management (EVM) measures to track project variances and performance.
- Easily configure financials for revenue, sales, and gross margin planning, adding dimensions for the unique drivers of your business.
- Leverage a configurable framework for drivers-based and trends-based planning, using prebuilt, best practice expense drivers. Optional prebuilt integration with workforce and capital planning is available.
- Integrate balance sheets fully with income statements and cash flow and configure for industry-specific requirements.
- Focus on cash from operations with fully integrated cash flow. Both direct and indirect cash flow methods are supported.
Intelligent Performance Management (IPM)
Oracle EPM Cloud Data Integration
- Connect to source EPM business processes and ERP applications such as Oracle Financials Cloud.
Easy Integration with Oracle and Other Source Systems
- Leverage existing IT investments and quickly integrate data from multiple sources including spreadsheets and native databases.
- Achieve integrated financial decisions driven by multiple sources of financial impacts.
Oracle EPM Cloud Collaboration and Workflow
Flexible Workflow and Process Management
- Collaborate across the enterprise or with specific groups of users using data-driven, dynamic approvals powered by a state-of-the-art workflow process.
- Engage in threaded commentary and append documents to add color and substance to your numbers. Expand your numbers with on-the-fly line-item detail to further elaborate your plan numbers.
Concurrency of Usage
- Define planning models for your specific line of business or create unified models for the company as a whole. Collaborate across regions and groups of users using concurrent data updates and instant reporting.
Oracle EPM Cloud User Experience
Role-Based, Intuitive User Interface
- Reduce training costs and increase user productivity with a modern, mobile, friendly, intuitive web interface, or use a familiar Microsoft Excel interface.
Role-Based Navigation Flows
- Create navigation flows that are tailored for groups of users based on their usage needs. Sales planners, expense planners, financial analysts, executives, and others can each have their own navigation flows.
- Leverage built-in, powerful visualization and dashboarding capabilities.